Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter and Knitting

After months of saying I'll wait to purchase the paperback, I gave in and pre-ordered the Harry Potter book a few weeks ago. Julia had reserved a library copy and she's high enough on the waiting list to get one tomorrow, assuming the library has purchased multiple copies as it did for the sixth book. Now we'll have two books for three people to fight over. The third reader is Kate, who has finished the first six books and is even more excited than I am. Todd has only gotten through the first two books, and I truly cannot understand how anyone can read the first two, enjoy them, and not want to read the remaining ones immediately.

You'd think that reading the last book and seeing the fifth movie (which I hope to do in the next few days) would be enough, but no .... I had to buy Charmed Knits, a pattern book featuring "projects for fans of Harry Potter". You can see some of the Harry Potter knitted creations on the Charmed Knits blog. Kate has already decided that she would like a beret in the Gryffindor colours. I bought, in addition to the book, balls of scarlet and gold yarn, balls of sock yarn and a new sock pattern, all with a gift certificate Joe and Jill gave me earlier in the year. Thanks, Joe and Jill!

No comments: