Monday, July 2, 2007

My beautiful nieces

This scrapbook layout uses an old photo of my nieces, Alexandra and Lily-Ann, taken in 2004, but it's one I particularly like. They are in England now and we miss seeing them and their little sister Teaghen.

About the layout ... I love Photoshop but encountered lots of frustration trying to learn various techniques. Like most programmers, I hate reading other people's documentation and think that interfaces should work in obvious ways (and like most programmers, I could do a better job at this in the software I myself produce). So I finally gave up and bought Jessica Sprague's First Layout Tutorial for Photoshop Elements. It was definitely worth the $7.99 I paid, as I had been doing various tasks in a sub-optimal way, and I recommend the tutorial for anyone interested in trying digital scrapbooking with Photoshop. The layout design is the one used in the tutorial; sadly I cannot claim it as my own design.

No comments: