Thursday, August 2, 2007

The First Gryffindor Hat

Here is the first Gryffindor hat I made from the Charmed Knits book, modelled by Kate's bear, Caramel. This was intended to be a test hat, so I could check gauge and sizing, and I plan to donate it to the Warm Woolies charity.

I'd ordered the yarn on-line and when it arrived, I was concerned the colours did not match exactly what I'd envisioned as Gryffindor colours. However, when I showed the red and gold yarn to my friend Sharon without telling her of the intended project, her first response was, "Oh, you're making a Gryffindor scarf!" Well, it's a hat rather than a scarf, but I was happy she recognized the house colours.

Kate has now asked for a hat, mittens and a stuffed Errol from the book, so I will be kept busy for a while.

No comments: