Thursday, September 6, 2007

Digital Scrapbooking Course

Earlier, I'd bought a short tutorial on digital scrapbooking from Jessica Sprague and found it extremely useful, so I decided to sign up for her on-line introductory course on how to do digital scrapbooking with Photoshop Elements 5.0. This is a four-week course that includes four 30-40 minute videos. For $40, I got the videos, several digital kits, a daily e-mail newsletter with additional Photoshop tips and access to the course on-line forum. Definitely a terrific deal!! Jessica offered the course for the first time earlier in the year, and both times, it sold out in a matter of hours. She's planning to offer it again in December or January, and if you are interested, you'd better get on her mailing list.

The three layouts shown in this post are ones I created for the first few assignments. The first two basically involved using prepared page layouts and adding photos, text and embellishments, but I learned how to do a number of operations more efficiently in PSE (the sort of thing I would have learned had I had the patience to read the documentation). The last layout required using the elliptical marquee tool and a "digital brush", similar to the stamps used in traditional scrapbooking.

Todd took some great photos of my three beautiful nieces when we were in England, so I used them as the subjects of my layouts. The designs were created by Jessica Sprague and are not my own, but hopefully by the end of the course, I'll be more prepared to create my own designs.

No comments: