Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Craft Update - November 16

It's been a while since I've written an update on all my crafts, and I've got plenty to report. I've been doing a little bit on Jill's Christmas ornament every evening for the past couple of weeks and it's almost finished now. Can't wait to post the photo but it'll have to wait until January, after I present it to Jill in Singapore.

Life has been very busy lately, with major work deadlines and loads of school and extra-curricular activities for the kids. When life's stresses increase, I knit ... and knit. The past couple of weeks, I finished a hat/scarf/mittens set in Plymouth Royal Llama wool and a Peruvian-style hat with yarn from Mount Lehman Llamas. I'll get photos posted eventually.

The bad news is that one of my favourite yarn companies, Needful Yarns, appears to be going out of business. The good news is that their stock has been showing up at www.elann.com, sometimes discounted by as much as 75%. I bought 2 10-skein bags of their London Tweed last week, along with 2 6-skein bags of Elann's house-yarn sample packs. I'm working on leg warmers for Julia with one of these bags. I'm told they're still in style, and they're in the fall collections of a few of Julia's favourite shops. I can't imagine the return of this trend will last for much longer, though. Too bad. I used to think of legwarmers as mostly useless and only slightly decorative fashion accessories. However, we've discovered that they suit very well teenage girls in school uniform (i.e. skirt) standing at a bus stop every morning in the cold Canadian winter.

No comments: