Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday Craft Update -- February 5


I recently finished these fingerless mittens, from the Jody McKinley's Merletto Mittens pattern, available for free on Ravelry. I used fingering weight yarn from one of my favourite yarn companies, Montreal-based Tanis Fiber Arts.

I also received a few weeks ago my 2011 cross-stitch exchange ornament from my sister-in-law Jill, who is turning 40 tomorrow (actually today, if you're going by Singapore time). It's lovely and I'm looking forward to putting it on my Christmas tree in December. You can see it here.

2 comments:

Sadie said...

Hello,

I am so glad to have found your blog, when searching for a headband pattern. Julia's favourite (notice the 'u', fellow Ontarian here), is also my favourite! I made one for my two sisters, and have been asked to make a few for others. I'm not sure how that works; from a copyright perspective. I've never sold anything before. As you know, this piece takes some time to create. Please would you advise. Thanks. Also, thanks for sharing your wonderful projects.

Sarah

Paulina said...

Hi Sarah,
Thanks very much for your nice comments about the headband pattern! I'm glad you are finding it useful. I generally ask that my free patterns not be used for commercial purposes. However, if you are just making a few for your friends (as opposed to selling a large quantity on eBay, for example), and they want to cover your costs in terms of time and materials, then I don't have a problem with that.